CLEVELAND (AP) — An Ohio man has been charged with aggravated murder after the remains of his missing ex-wife were found in a container outside Cleveland.
An indictment Thursday against 27-year-old Fahad Mohammed Saeed also charges him with kidnapping, felonious assault, aggravated burglary, stalking and abuse of a corpse charges.
Saeed’s ex-wife, 25-year-old Roaa Al-Dhannoon, was last seen Oct. 16 at her Lakewood, Ohio, apartment. She was reported missing three days later. The container was found Monday near a ravine in the Cleveland suburb of Brooklyn. A medical examiner has confirmed the remains are Al-Dhannoon’s.
A Lakewood Municipal Court judge in late January sentenced Saeed to six months in jail after finding him guilty of violating a protective order.
Most Read Stories
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
- Expect record-high temps, 'copious rain' in Seattle area as we head toward Thanksgiving VIEW
- Fake field goal? An errant challenge? Blame Pete Carroll for Seahawks' loss to Atlanta
- Bicyclist dies in hit-and-run crash in Sodo, police say
Saeed’s attorney in that case couldn’t immediately be reached for comment.
This story, headline and slug have been corrected to show the missing woman was Saeed’s ex-wife and the spelling of her first name is Roaa, not Rosa. The story also has been corrected to show the indictment was handed down Thursday, not Wednesday.