GRANTS PASS, Ore. (AP) — A manslaughter charge has been filed against a man accused of fatally stabbing another man outside a grocery store in southwestern Oregon.
Oregon State Police said the two men got into a fight Saturday morning outside Ray’s Market in Selma.
The victim — 46-year-old Frank Chambers — was dead by the time Josephine County sheriff’s deputies arrived. The suspect, 58-year-old Ramon Rodriguez-Acosta, was arrested a short time later.
Authorities said in court paperwork that Rodriguez-Acosta admitted stabbing Chambers. They have yet to say what caused the fight.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- WA rancher behind $244M 'ghost cattle' fraud sentenced to prison
- VP was in car accident; Secret Service first called it 'mechanical failure'
- In retreat at the front, Russia strikes deep into Ukraine
- Judge rules naughty bits off limits at Trump dossier trial
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Rodriguez-Acosta has been granted a court-appointed attorney.