WEST BROOKFIELD, Mass. (AP) — Police have charged a Massachusetts man with misleading investigators as they searched for answers in the killings of a mother and her three young children.
Court records show 31-year-old Mathew Locke, of Ware, told investigators he had been in contact with the husband of Sarah Bermudez. Bermudez and her children, Madison, James and Michael, were found dead March 1 in their West Brookfield home.
Police documents show Locke told investigators Moses Bermudez made statements implying the gang MS-13 was responsible for their deaths.
However, police say Bermudez did not see Locke since his family was killed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Author Salman Rushdie stabbed on lecture stage in New York
- A child abductee's journey back
- FBI seized top secret documents in Trump estate search
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Court documents show Locke pleaded not guilty to a charge of misleading police during his arraignment Monday. He has been ordered held on $10,000 bail.
The homicide investigation is ongoing.