LOS ANGELES (AP) — A Southern California man charged with killing his 5-year-old son has been extradited from Las Vegas to face a count of murder.
Aramazd Andressian Sr. arrived at the Long Beach, California, airport on Friday.
The 35-year-old South Pasadena man was arrested in Las Vegas a week ago.
The search for his son, Aramazd Andressian Jr., began in April after Andressian was found passed out in a car in a South Pasadena park. Authorities say he’d taken prescription pills and doused the car with gasoline in an apparent suicide attempt.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't
- New sequence of images shows Tonga volcano's devastation
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- A hiker went camping despite warnings about severe winter weather. Six rescuers in snowshoes had to save him.
Investigators believe his son was killed a day earlier after a family trip to Disneyland. They’ve suggested the alleged killing was motivated by an upcoming divorce.
The boy’s body has not been found, and Andressian has denied harming his son.