BENNETTSVILLE, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a South Carolina woman who was apparently killed by her boyfriend three months ago wasn’t reported missing until about a week ago.
Bennettsville Police Chief Kevin Miller says once 40-year-old Shelby Head’s estranged husband reported her missing, the case was quickly solved.
Authorities found Head’s body Thursday in a ditch covered with trees. A cause of death was not given.
Head’s boyfriend Raymond Nolan is charged with murder.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Documents used to wiretap Trump ex-adviser Carter Page disclosed
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
Miller says the couple had a history of domestic violence.
Investigators think Head was killed on Nov. 19, one day after she was last seen.
It wasn’t known if Nolan had a lawyer.