BENNETTSVILLE, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a South Carolina woman who was apparently killed by her boyfriend three months ago wasn’t reported missing until about a week ago.
Bennettsville Police Chief Kevin Miller says once 40-year-old Shelby Head’s estranged husband reported her missing, the case was quickly solved.
Authorities found Head’s body Thursday in a ditch covered with trees. A cause of death was not given.
Head’s boyfriend Raymond Nolan is charged with murder.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Miller says the couple had a history of domestic violence.
Investigators think Head was killed on Nov. 19, one day after she was last seen.
It wasn’t known if Nolan had a lawyer.