BENNETTSVILLE, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a South Carolina woman who was apparently killed by her boyfriend three months ago wasn’t reported missing until about a week ago.
Bennettsville Police Chief Kevin Miller says once 40-year-old Shelby Head’s estranged husband reported her missing, the case was quickly solved.
Authorities found Head’s body Thursday in a ditch covered with trees. A cause of death was not given.
Head’s boyfriend Raymond Nolan is charged with murder.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
Miller says the couple had a history of domestic violence.
Investigators think Head was killed on Nov. 19, one day after she was last seen.
It wasn’t known if Nolan had a lawyer.