BENNETTSVILLE, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a South Carolina woman who was apparently killed by her boyfriend three months ago wasn’t reported missing until about a week ago.
Bennettsville Police Chief Kevin Miller says once 40-year-old Shelby Head’s estranged husband reported her missing, the case was quickly solved.
Authorities found Head’s body Thursday in a ditch covered with trees. A cause of death was not given.
Head’s boyfriend Raymond Nolan is charged with murder.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- GOP, Kavanaugh accuser in standoff over her Senate testimony WATCH
- Memory's frailty may be playing role in Kavanaugh matter
- In 1992, Cory Booker admitted to groping a high school classmate and issued a call for sexual respect
Miller says the couple had a history of domestic violence.
Investigators think Head was killed on Nov. 19, one day after she was last seen.
It wasn’t known if Nolan had a lawyer.