PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a Florida man illegally killed and gutted an alligator.
The Palm Beach Post reports that Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission officers arrested 38-year-old Donald Arthur Daggett on Saturday and charged him with unlawfully taking an alligator.
Wildlife officials began investigating in June after a former girlfriend turned over photos and videos Daggett and another man each killing and taking an alligator from a canal bank near Lake Okeechobee in Palm Beach County. Authorities say the woman also gave investigators a bag filled with what she said was alligator meat.
Florida law requires hunters to have a statewide alligator hunt permit, which authorities issue through random drawings.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- GOP Sen. Roger Marshall plans bill to publicize Fauci's salary
- Census memo cites ‘unprecedented’ meddling by Trump administration
- Hostages safe after Texas synagogue standoff; captor dead
Daggett has been released on $4,500 bail. Jail records didn’t list an attorney.
Information from: The Palm Beach (Fla.) Post, http://www.pbpost.com