NORTH PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A man is facing hate-crime charges after authorities say he broke in and vandalized an Islamic center in Florida.
The Palm Beach Post (http://goo.gl/4ue5z0) reports that authorities brought hate-crime charges against 27-year-old Joshua Warren Killets because he intentionally targeted The Islamic Center of Palm Beach.
The newspaper says Killets was arrested and charged last week with burglary of a dwelling and damaging property at a religious center. He was later released on $1,500 bail.
Under Florida law, the hate crime charges enhance the possible sentence to life in prison.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Man kills 6, then self, at Colorado birthday party shooting
- After leading a 153-person hike in the Grand Canyon, a Washington health-care exec faces federal charges
- Can you have alcohol after the COVID vaccine?
- 1 dead, 7 wounded in shooting at downtown Phoenix hotel
- Fauci Says Indoor Mask Guidance Can ‘Start Being More Liberal’
Jail records didn’t list an attorney for Killets, and a public records search by The Associated Press didn’t turn up a telephone number.