NORTH PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A man is facing hate-crime charges after authorities say he broke in and vandalized an Islamic center in Florida.
The Palm Beach Post (http://goo.gl/4ue5z0) reports that authorities brought hate-crime charges against 27-year-old Joshua Warren Killets because he intentionally targeted The Islamic Center of Palm Beach.
The newspaper says Killets was arrested and charged last week with burglary of a dwelling and damaging property at a religious center. He was later released on $1,500 bail.
Under Florida law, the hate crime charges enhance the possible sentence to life in prison.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- As thousands of athletes get coronavirus tests, nurses wonder: What about us?
- Some 2-week coronavirus quarantines can be cut to 10 or 7 days, CDC says
- New Orleans swingers event becomes 'superspreader' after 41 test positive for coronavirus
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- U.S. to withdraw some Baghdad embassy staffers as tensions spike with Iran, its allies
Jail records didn’t list an attorney for Killets, and a public records search by The Associated Press didn’t turn up a telephone number.