CUMBERLAND, Md. (AP) — Police say a woman is recovering and her boyfriend is in jail after he assaulted her with a frying pan and a bamboo stick.
Fifty-three-year-old Edward McGreevy was charged with assault, reckless endangerment and false imprisonment after Cumberland city police responded to a report of an assault at his home Monday morning.
A police news release says officers made contact with McGreevy and noticed drops of blood on his eyeglasses and wrists. They found the woman upstairs and called an ambulance.
Sgt. Scott Saeler said Tuesday that the woman’s injuries are not life-threatening.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's what we know about the 'delta-plus' variant, already detected in U.S. and elsewhere
- Scientists expected thawing wetlands in Siberia's permafrost. What they found is 'much more dangerous.'
- Mass. COVID-19 outbreak mostly infected the vaccinated, CDC finds; few needed hospitalization
- Officer dead, suspect killed in violence outside Pentagon
- Passenger arrives taped to his seat after assault of 3 flight attendants
McGreevy was being held Tuesday with bail set at $20,000. No defense attorney is listed in online court records.