CASPER, Wyo. (AP) — Prosecutors have charged a Wyoming man with two counts of aggravated vehicular homicide in connection to an August crash that killed a mother and her young son.
The Casper Star-Tribune reports that 33-year-old Alexander Richardson was charged Thursday in relation to the August 2017 crash that killed 46-year-old Soon Young Lee and 3-year-old Jaehyeok Seo, both of South Korea.
Richardson did not enter pleas. He will be called to plead to the charges if the case proceeds to Natrona County District Court. Defense attorney Don Fuller said he and his client plan to “vigorously fight” the allegations.
Richardson also faces a single count of aggravated assault in the case. That charge relates to injuries sustained by Lee’s husband, who was riding in the front passenger seat at the time of the crash.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
Information from: Casper (Wyo.) Star-Tribune, http://www.trib.com