NEW YORK (AP) — The boyfriend of Morgan Freeman’s granddaughter has been arrested in her fatal stabbing on a New York City street.
Thirty-year-old Lamar Davenport was arrested on a murder charge Monday, a day after 33-year-old actress Edena (eh-DEE’-nah) Hines was found with stab wounds to her chest in front of her Upper Manhattan apartment building.
No working telephone number for Davenport could be found. It wasn’t immediately clear whether he had a lawyer.
Police say Davenport was in a relationship with Hines.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A cure for Type 1 diabetes? For one man, it seems to have worked
- The best time to get a COVID booster shot: What the science tells us
- Firefighters launch tense rescue after pet tortoise traps pet dog in underground burrow
- Celebrated snowboarder Marko Grilc, 38, dies in accident at resort
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Freeman issued a statement saying, “The world will never know her artistry and talent, and how much she had to offer.”
Hines was actually Freeman’s step-granddaughter, but Freeman’s publicist says the Oscar-winning actor thought of her as his granddaughter. Hines was the granddaughter of Freeman’s first wife.