BURLINGTON, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a North Carolina man has been charged in a fatal target shooting that was originally reported as an accident.
The News & Record of Greensboro reports that an Alamance County Sheriff’s Office news release says 41-year-old Stephen Adrian Ferriell was arrested Friday and charged with obstruction of justice and voluntary manslaughter.
Authorities say the charges stem from the 2016 shooting death of Robert Nelson Gilley II, who suffered a gunshot wound to the chest while the two men were target shooting.
The newspaper did not report on if Ferriell has a lawyer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor WATCH
- Trump says 'hard to imagine' Kavanaugh guilty of allegation WATCH
- Who is Christine Blasey Ford, the accuser of court nominee Kavanaugh?
- A surgeon, who was a 'Bachelor of the Year' and reality TV-show date, is accused of drugging, raping women
- Nearly half of cellphone calls will be scams by 2019, report says
Information from: News & Record, http://www.news-record.com