BURLINGTON, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a North Carolina man has been charged in a fatal target shooting that was originally reported as an accident.
The News & Record of Greensboro reports that an Alamance County Sheriff’s Office news release says 41-year-old Stephen Adrian Ferriell was arrested Friday and charged with obstruction of justice and voluntary manslaughter.
Authorities say the charges stem from the 2016 shooting death of Robert Nelson Gilley II, who suffered a gunshot wound to the chest while the two men were target shooting.
The newspaper did not report on if Ferriell has a lawyer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Information from: News & Record, http://www.news-record.com