BURLINGTON, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a North Carolina man has been charged in a fatal target shooting that was originally reported as an accident.
The News & Record of Greensboro reports that an Alamance County Sheriff’s Office news release says 41-year-old Stephen Adrian Ferriell was arrested Friday and charged with obstruction of justice and voluntary manslaughter.
Authorities say the charges stem from the 2016 shooting death of Robert Nelson Gilley II, who suffered a gunshot wound to the chest while the two men were target shooting.
The newspaper did not report on if Ferriell has a lawyer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Trump backs down, says he misspoke on Russia meddling WATCH
- Trump says he accepts US intelligence on Russian interference in election but denies collusion
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
Information from: News & Record, http://www.news-record.com