BURLINGTON, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a North Carolina man has been charged in a fatal target shooting that was originally reported as an accident.
The News & Record of Greensboro reports that an Alamance County Sheriff’s Office news release says 41-year-old Stephen Adrian Ferriell was arrested Friday and charged with obstruction of justice and voluntary manslaughter.
Authorities say the charges stem from the 2016 shooting death of Robert Nelson Gilley II, who suffered a gunshot wound to the chest while the two men were target shooting.
The newspaper did not report on if Ferriell has a lawyer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- France strikes back against Trump, emphasizing a lack of 'common decency'
- Guard troops search for more wildfire victims; 56 dead WATCH
- Shot in the neck at 17, this is the trauma surgeon now leading doctors against gun violence and NRA
- Migrant caravan groups arrive by hundreds at US border VIEW
Information from: News & Record, http://www.news-record.com