TUSCUMBIA, Mo. (AP) — More than four months after being charged in the killings of two people at a Lake Ozark RV park, the suspect has been appointed an attorney.
Television stations KRCG and KMIZ report that Gary Sweet’s attorney is public defender Brendan McGregor. McGregor filed an entry of appearance as Sweet’s attorney Monday.
Sweet was one of hundreds of cases listed in the area public defender’s caseload conference in Miller County after the office’s attorneys were overloaded with cases. A request by District Defender Justin Carver for caseload relief is being considered.
Sweet is charged with two counts of first-degree murder, assault and other counts in the shooting that killed Sheri and James Parker and injured another.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- Parents forget newborn baby in Hamburg taxi
- Officials fighting U.S. measles outbreaks threaten to use rare air-travel ban
- Anna the anaconda got pregnant all by herself — by 'virgin birth'
Authorities say Sweet had been evicted from the park.
This story has been corrected to show that the first name of Sweet’s attorney is Brendan, not Brenda.