JACKSONVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Authorities have charged a man in connection with a fatal shooting at a North Carolina nightclub.
Jacksonville police told local news outlets that 32-year-old Jyree Dominic Noel is charged with an open count of murder. Police filed seven additional charges against Noel in the death of 39-year-old Tyrone Lamont Bailey.
Officers responding to a report of shots fired at the gentleman’s club on Friday around 2 a.m. found Bailey with a gunshot wound. He died at the scene.
Other charges filed against Noel include first-degree kidnapping, resisting a public officer and assault on a government official or employee.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Aide: Trump dismissed Jan. 6 threats, wanted to join crowd
- Ghislaine Maxwell sentenced to 20 years for helping Epstein
- Ocasio-Cortez wants 2 justices impeached for ‘lying under oath’
- Trump tried to strangle Secret Service agent in attempt to reach Capitol on Jan. 6, aide testifies
- The story behind AP report that caused Trump to throw lunch
Noel is being held without bond at the Onslow County jail. It’s not known if he has an attorney.