CLEVELAND (AP) — A prosecutor says the boyfriend of a woman charged with murder in the death of her developmentally disabled 5-year-old son who was found buried in a Cleveland backyard also has been charged with murder.
Cuyahoga (ky-uh-HOH’-guh) County Prosecutor Michael O’Malley says Wednesday a grand jury indicted 36-year-old Christopher Rodriguez on charges including murder, felonious assault and gross abuse of a corpse in the death of Jordan Rodriguez. Authorities in December found the boy’s body buried in bags in the yard of the child’s home.
Court records don’t show an attorney for Christopher Rodriguez.
The boy’s mother, 34-year-old Larissa Rodriguez, pleaded not guilty to murder and other charges earlier this month. Court documents say she told police she and her boyfriend buried the boy after finding him unresponsive.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- US charges Belarus with air piracy in reporter's arrest
- Much of nation isn't active enough — but WA residents are exception, CDC says
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events