DOTHAN, Ala. (AP) — Police in Alabama say a man has been charged in connection with the death of a 91-year-old woman.
Dothan police said in a news release Sunday that 58-year-old Joe Nathan Duncan was charged with capital murder in the death of 91-year-old Mabel Fowler.
Police say they received a call of a possible death at a residence Saturday. Once officers arrived, it was apparent that it was a crime scene.
Throughout the course of the investigation, police located, interviewed and charged Duncan. It’s unclear if he has a lawyer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror