DOTHAN, Ala. (AP) — Police in Alabama say a man has been charged in connection with the death of a 91-year-old woman.
Dothan police said in a news release Sunday that 58-year-old Joe Nathan Duncan was charged with capital murder in the death of 91-year-old Mabel Fowler.
Police say they received a call of a possible death at a residence Saturday. Once officers arrived, it was apparent that it was a crime scene.
Throughout the course of the investigation, police located, interviewed and charged Duncan. It’s unclear if he has a lawyer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Judge sides with Congress over Trump in demands for records
- Jamie Oliver's UK restaurant chain collapses into insolvency
- Should Donald Trump be impeached? Americans organize to read Mueller report, reach their own conclusions
- How the rural-urban divide became America’s political fault line