HOT SPRINGS, Ark. (AP) — An Arkansas man accused of setting an apartment complex on fire has been charged with capital murder and arson.
The Sentinel-Record reports that Hot Springs Police arrested 22-year-old Rayson Edward Clayton in connection to the Tuesday fire that killed one man and injured others at the Polo Run Apartments.
A police affidavit says the fire occurred shortly after Clayton’s aunt didn’t let him get his belongings from the apartment she kicked him out of a day earlier.
Cpl. Kirk Zaner said Wednesday that police haven’t identified the victim because of the extent of his fire-related injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Florida man filming sunrise killed when sand dune collapses
Police say Clayton will be held at the Garland County Detention Center without bond. He could face the death penalty for the capital murder charge or up to life in prison for both charges.
Information from: The Sentinel-Record, http://www.hotsr.com