GAYLORD, Mich. (AP) — A man has been charged with murder after a body was found by hunters earlier this month in a large plastic bag in mid-Michigan.
Joseph Zoran was ordered held without bond on Monday after the 37-year-old Gaylord-area man was arrested Friday. The body of 67-year-old Robert Jack Counterman Jr. was found March 11 by rabbit hunters in a ditch in Gratiot County’s Seville Township, about 105 miles (169 kilometers) northwest of Detroit.
Counterman’s last known address was in the Gaylord area in Michigan’s northern Lower Peninsula. Cause of death hasn’t been released. Authorities say evidence found at a camper trailer where Zoran lived included what appeared to be a blood splatter.
It wasn’t immediately known whether Zoran had a lawyer. He’s scheduled to return to court next month.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- GOP Sen. Roger Marshall plans bill to publicize Fauci's salary
- Census memo cites ‘unprecedented’ meddling by Trump administration
- Hostages safe after Texas synagogue standoff; captor dead