BATTLE CREEK, Mich. (AP) — A man charged in the slaying of a man whose body was found in the trunk of an abandoned car at a southern Michigan tow yard says the killing was in self-defense.
Forty-eight-year-old Marko McGee of Battle Creek was arraigned Wednesday on a charges including open murder in the death of 43-year-old Diabulo White. Police say White’s girlfriend found the naked body of the Battle Creek man on Monday when she went to retrieve the car.
McGee said during Wednesday’s hearing that White “came to my house and tried to murder me.” The car was apparently taken after the killing and abandoned over the weekend.
Prosecutors say White was beaten with a hammer and possibly strangled before being put in the trunk. He also had gasoline poured on him.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump's worldview forged by neglect and trauma at home, niece says in book
- CDC's list of symptoms for COVID-19 grows
- Study uncovers most effective non-medical face mask for protecting against coronavirus
- Court: Some employers can refuse to offer free birth control
- Trump pushes state, local leaders to reopen schools in fall VIEW