AIKEN, S.C. (AP) — A man charged with killing two people in South Carolina last week has been arrested in Connecticut.
Aiken County Sheriff’s Capt. Eric Abdullah said in a news release that 20-year-old Jeremie David Tobey of Aiken was arrested by Connecticut State Police late Monday afternoon.
Tobey is charged with shooting and killing 25-year-old Cody Diminovich and 38-year-old Pamela Lawson last Friday evening. Tobey is also charged with grand larceny for taking the couple’s vehicle.
Connecticut authorities recovered the vehicle.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
- US charges Belarus with air piracy in reporter's arrest
- Much of nation isn't active enough — but WA residents are exception, CDC says
Tobey is awaiting extradition to South Carolina to face the charges.