FORT EDWARD, N.Y. (AP) — A New York man will be living large thanks to his decision to buy some Slim Jims for his dog.
New York Lottery officials say Monday that 73-year-old Dale Farrand recently won the $10 million prize on a Cash Spectacular scratch-off ticket.
The Fort Edward man says he bought a $30 ticket at a local Cumberland Farms convenience store while buying Slim Jims snacks for his dog Boots.
He scratched the ticket in his car and realized he was a winner. Farrand says he drove straight home and had his wife check the ticket for him.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- You downloaded FaceApp. Here's what you've just done to your privacy.
- Morning coffee results in $1,000 fine, expulsion from Venice
- Louisiana police officer on Facebook says Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ‘needs a round’
- A peculiarly Dutch summer rite: Children abandoned in the night woods VIEW
- An American woman and her boyfriend were exploring Canada. They were found dead on a highway.
Farrand will receive a lump-sum payment of $6.7 million after required withholdings.
He says he’ll use the windfall to pay off his mortgage, make home improvements and help his children and grandchildren.