WINDSOR LOCKS, Conn. (AP) — A man has been arrested at a Connecticut airport for trying to board a flight with a loaded gun.
State police say 39-year-old Matthew English of Torrington was detained Monday when Transportation Security Administration officers at Bradley International Airport discovered a loaded handgun in his carry-on luggage.
Local and state police questioned and arrested English, who was set to board a flight to Atlanta. This is the first firearm detected in carry-on luggage at the Windsor Locks airport this year.
English is charged with a weapons violation and circumventing airport security, and was released on a $5,000 bond. He is scheduled to appear in court in May. English did not return a call for comment.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers. But he keeps hearing 'No.'
- Pence tells GOP to stop lashing out at FBI over Trump search