BOSTON (AP) — A Boston man arrested near the set of the film “Equalizer 2” starring Denzel Washington is being held in jail on robbery and carjacking charges.
The Suffolk district attorney’s office says 52-year-old Victor Lee was arraigned Friday on charges of armed carjacking, larceny over $250 and resisting arrest.
He is accused of taking a woman’s purse Thursday a few blocks from the set. He allegedly then ran to the set, where he faced several Boston police officers patrolling the area.
Authorities say the officers drew their guns after Lee went toward them with a knife. No shots were fired.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Archie Battersbee, gravely ill 12-year-old, dies after removal of life support
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Key Washington primary 2022 election results
- Everyone loves e-bikes - except some who have to share roads with them
Police say the man tried to escape by carjacking someone, but he was stopped by officers who used pepper spray.
Lee’s lawyer declined to comment Saturday.