LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — A man has been arrested in Texas in the deaths of two men found shot in a Kentucky apartment last week.
Twenty-three-year-old Aaron Hernandez was arrested in Fayette County, Texas, on Jan. 20 and is awaiting extradition to Louisville, where he faces charges in the Jan. 18 deaths of 30-year-old Joshua Rice and 31-year-old David Kandelaki. Their bodies were found after Kandelaki’s wife reported him missing.
According to an arrest report, Hernandez was in a romantic relationship with Rice. WDRB-TV reports court documents indicate Rice filed a request for a protection order against Hernandez on Jan. 10, but a court hadn’t yet made a decision at the time of Rice’s death.
Louisville Metro police said in an email to The Courier-Journal that there are no other suspects.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- Mormons to stay outdoors after split with Boy Scouts