GEORGETOWN, S.C. (AP) — A man has been arrested in the shooting death of another man at a park near the South Carolina coast last week.
The Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office told local media outlets that 20-year-old Desmon Williams was arrested Friday in Putnam County, Tennessee.
Williams is charged with murder in the Jan. 22 death of 19-year-old A’sharr Kysean Cox of Andrews at a Georgetown County park.
Cox was struck by a bullet at Oatland Park on Jan. 21 and was taken to Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital in a private vehicle. He was flown to Grand Strand Medical Center where he died the next day.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Dog reunited with family 101 days after California wildfire
- Why do zebras have stripes? Perhaps to dazzle away flies
Williams is awaiting extradition from Tennessee.