GEORGETOWN, S.C. (AP) — A man has been arrested in the shooting death of another man at a park near the South Carolina coast last week.
The Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office told local media outlets that 20-year-old Desmon Williams was arrested Friday in Putnam County, Tennessee.
Williams is charged with murder in the Jan. 22 death of 19-year-old A’sharr Kysean Cox of Andrews at a Georgetown County park.
Cox was struck by a bullet at Oatland Park on Jan. 21 and was taken to Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital in a private vehicle. He was flown to Grand Strand Medical Center where he died the next day.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
Williams is awaiting extradition from Tennessee.