GEORGETOWN, S.C. (AP) — A man has been arrested in the shooting death of another man at a park near the South Carolina coast last week.
The Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office told local media outlets that 20-year-old Desmon Williams was arrested Friday in Putnam County, Tennessee.
Williams is charged with murder in the Jan. 22 death of 19-year-old A’sharr Kysean Cox of Andrews at a Georgetown County park.
Cox was struck by a bullet at Oatland Park on Jan. 21 and was taken to Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital in a private vehicle. He was flown to Grand Strand Medical Center where he died the next day.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
Williams is awaiting extradition from Tennessee.