GEORGETOWN, S.C. (AP) — A man has been arrested in the shooting death of another man at a park near the South Carolina coast last week.
The Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office told local media outlets that 20-year-old Desmon Williams was arrested Friday in Putnam County, Tennessee.
Williams is charged with murder in the Jan. 22 death of 19-year-old A’sharr Kysean Cox of Andrews at a Georgetown County park.
Cox was struck by a bullet at Oatland Park on Jan. 21 and was taken to Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital in a private vehicle. He was flown to Grand Strand Medical Center where he died the next day.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor WATCH
- Trump says 'hard to imagine' Kavanaugh guilty of allegation WATCH
- Who is Christine Blasey Ford, the accuser of court nominee Kavanaugh?
- A surgeon, who was a 'Bachelor of the Year' and reality TV-show date, is accused of drugging, raping women
- Nearly half of cellphone calls will be scams by 2019, report says
Williams is awaiting extradition from Tennessee.