LOS ANGELES (AP) — Officials say a man arrested after rapper Young Dolph was shot outside a Hollywood hotel has been released without charges.
The Los Angeles County district attorney’s office says prosecutors have asked police to further investigate whether Corey McClendon had a role in Tuesday’s shooting.
The 43-year-old McClendon walked out of jail Thursday. The Tennessee resident was arrested a day earlier following the attack on Young Dolph.
The 32-year-old rapper from Memphis, Tennessee, was critically injured in the shooting outside the Loews Hollywood hotel. His real name is Adolph Thornton Jr.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Colorado homeowner emptied pistol to kill bear that broke in
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Detectives are investigating whether he was targeted as part of a hip-hop rivalry.