GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP) — Sheriff’s deputies say an argument between roommates in South Carolina led to a shooting that left one dead and the other in jail.
Greenville County Sheriff’s Sgt. Ryan Flood said in a news release that 54-year-old Alim Huhammad Banks of Greenville has been charged with murder and possession of a weapon during a violent crime.
Flood said deputies were called to a neighborhood around 8:30 p.m. Monday and found 49-year-old William Clayton McKinnedy dead from at least one gunshot wound. McKinnedy had also been stabbed.
Flood said investigators were told the two roommates had been arguing before the gunshots. Deputies don’t know what the men were arguing about.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Goodbye passport stamps, hello biometrics: Customs is getting faster
- California sinkhole swallows third car as drivers ignore 'ROAD CLOSED' sign
- Deer could be a reservoir of old coronavirus variants, study suggests
- Do rapid COVID tests still work?
- Oregon kidnapping suspect dies of self-inflicted gunshot
Banks was arrested at the scene. It was not known if he has an attorney yet.