LINCOLN, Mo. (AP) — A man has been arrested in a deadly shooting at a west-central Missouri mobile home park.
The Benton County Sheriff’s Office says 27-year-old Caleb L.D. Shephard, of Cole Camp, was shot Friday night just outside the town of Lincoln. The Sedalia Democrat reports that he was rushed in an ambulance to a helicopter landing site, where he died.
A 21-year-old man has been arrested in the shooting. Shephard was shot outside the suspect’s residence.
Benton County Sheriff Eric Knox said a motive for the shooting hasn’t been determined.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
Shephard’s obituary described him as a U.S. Army veteran and a father to two sons.