LINCOLN, Mo. (AP) — A man has been arrested in a deadly shooting at a west-central Missouri mobile home park.
The Benton County Sheriff’s Office says 27-year-old Caleb L.D. Shephard, of Cole Camp, was shot Friday night just outside the town of Lincoln. The Sedalia Democrat reports that he was rushed in an ambulance to a helicopter landing site, where he died.
A 21-year-old man has been arrested in the shooting. Shephard was shot outside the suspect’s residence.
Benton County Sheriff Eric Knox said a motive for the shooting hasn’t been determined.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Shephard’s obituary described him as a U.S. Army veteran and a father to two sons.