LINCOLN, Mo. (AP) — A man has been arrested in a deadly shooting at a west-central Missouri mobile home park.
The Benton County Sheriff’s Office says 27-year-old Caleb L.D. Shephard, of Cole Camp, was shot Friday night just outside the town of Lincoln. The Sedalia Democrat reports that he was rushed in an ambulance to a helicopter landing site, where he died.
A 21-year-old man has been arrested in the shooting. Shephard was shot outside the suspect’s residence.
Benton County Sheriff Eric Knox said a motive for the shooting hasn’t been determined.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
Shephard’s obituary described him as a U.S. Army veteran and a father to two sons.