NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — A man has been arrested in the shooting death of a man found near some railroad tracks in South Carolina.
Media outlets reported that 18-year-old Maurice T. Singleton was arrested Thursday in the March 2 shooting death of 18-year-old Vaughn McFadden.
McFadden’s body was found near railroad tracks in North Charleston.
North Charleston police say Singleton is also charged with possession of a weapon during a violent crime. It was not known if he had an attorney yet.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95
Investigators have not released a possible motive in the shooting death.