LEBANON, Ind. (AP) — A Guatemalan living illegally in the U.S. and charged in a drunken crash that killed Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson and another man has been charged in an unrelated case.
Boone County Prosecutor Todd Meyer filed charges of perjury, forgery, identity deception and misdemeanor false informing Tuesday against 37-year-old Manuel Orrego-Savala. Meyer says Orrego-Savala gave police a false identity during his 2017 arrest and prosecution for misdemeanor driving without a license.
Orrego-Savala was charged last week in Marion County with two counts each of failing to remain at the scene of an accident and causing death while driving intoxicated stemming from the Feb. 4 crash that killed Jackson and Jackson’s Uber driver, Jeffrey Monroe.
Court records do not list an attorney for Orrego-Savala in the Boone County case.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Florida marks milestone in Everglades python control program VIEW
- Judge orders Vancouver, Wash., teen to start paying off $37M for starting Columbia Gorge wildfire
- Police say reported abduction was hoax
- Parents go to court to boot 30-year-old son from home
- The princes, the president and the fortune seekers