LEBANON, Ind. (AP) — A Guatemalan living illegally in the U.S. and charged in a drunken crash that killed Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson and another man has been charged in an unrelated case.
Boone County Prosecutor Todd Meyer filed charges of perjury, forgery, identity deception and misdemeanor false informing Tuesday against 37-year-old Manuel Orrego-Savala. Meyer says Orrego-Savala gave police a false identity during his 2017 arrest and prosecution for misdemeanor driving without a license.
Orrego-Savala was charged last week in Marion County with two counts each of failing to remain at the scene of an accident and causing death while driving intoxicated stemming from the Feb. 4 crash that killed Jackson and Jackson’s Uber driver, Jeffrey Monroe.
Court records do not list an attorney for Orrego-Savala in the Boone County case.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- Trump wants to deliver State of Union next week as planned VIEW
- Trump says he directed Sarah Sanders 'not to bother' with White House news briefings
- 9 brains, 3 hearts: Some wild facts about octopuses
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW