LEBANON, Ind. (AP) — A Guatemalan living illegally in the U.S. and charged in a drunken crash that killed Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson and another man has been charged in an unrelated case.
Boone County Prosecutor Todd Meyer filed charges of perjury, forgery, identity deception and misdemeanor false informing Tuesday against 37-year-old Manuel Orrego-Savala. Meyer says Orrego-Savala gave police a false identity during his 2017 arrest and prosecution for misdemeanor driving without a license.
Orrego-Savala was charged last week in Marion County with two counts each of failing to remain at the scene of an accident and causing death while driving intoxicated stemming from the Feb. 4 crash that killed Jackson and Jackson’s Uber driver, Jeffrey Monroe.
Court records do not list an attorney for Orrego-Savala in the Boone County case.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Garbage from Washington state's booming pot industry clogs gutters, sewers and landfills
- Oatmeal, breakfast foods contain unsafe amounts of weedkiller, report says
- 'Queen of Soul' Aretha Franklin dies at 76 WATCH
- British Columbia declares state of emergency over wildfires
- Former US security leaders blast Trump for yanking clearance VIEW