PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — A Providence man is under arrest in connection with what police say was a shootout on a city street.
Police say an officer heard several gunshots shortly after 1 a.m. Sunday and stopped one of two vehicles in which passengers were apparently shooting at each other.
Authorities say the officer found six people and a loaded gun in the van he stopped, and the van had several bullet holes.
Twenty-one-year-old Rachana Senghirann was charged with illegal possession of a firearm and drive-by shooting. The five other people in the van were released pending further investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- GOP Sen. Roger Marshall plans bill to publicize Fauci's salary
- Census memo cites ‘unprecedented’ meddling by Trump administration
- Hostages safe after Texas synagogue standoff; captor dead
It wasn’t immediately clear if Senghirann has a lawyer who could respond to the allegations.
Police haven’t said what led to the shootout.