YUMA, Ariz. (AP) — Yuma man say a 28-year-old man was located and arrested after one person was killed and another critically injured when a tow truck rear-ended their car and then left the scene.
Christopher Peirce was booked into the Yuma County Detention Center late Friday night on suspicion of second-degree murder, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, leaving the scene of an accident with death or injury, extreme DUI with a blood-alcohol content over .20 and reckless driving.
The identities of the 66-year-old woman who was killed in the collision and the 70-year-old man was critically injured were not released.
Court records don’t list a defense attorney for Peirce who could comment on the allegations.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Administration Orders Hospitals to Bypass the CDC With Key Virus Data
- Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Man, 30, dies after attending a ‘COVID party,’ Texas hospital says
- Sheriff: 'Glee’ star Naya Rivera saved son before drowning VIEW
- 'MythBusters' host Grant Imahara, an influential popular science personality, dies at 49