PICKENS, S.C. (AP) — A man has been arrested and charged with murder after sheriff’s deputies found a body buried beneath dirt and concrete in South Carolina.
Pickens County Chief Deputy Sheriff Creed Hashe said in a news release that 41-year-old Timothy Keith Poole is also charged with obstruction of justice for the removal of human remains, as well as possession of a weapon during a violent crime.
The body was found buried beneath dirt, a tarp and concrete at the back of a home in Pickens on Thursday afternoon. Deputies think the victim was shot around Feb. 10.
The coroner’s office is working to determine the dead man’s name. An autopsy is planned.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
It was not known if Poole has an attorney yet.