PICKENS, S.C. (AP) — A man has been arrested and charged with murder after sheriff’s deputies found a body buried beneath dirt and concrete in South Carolina.
Pickens County Chief Deputy Sheriff Creed Hashe said in a news release that 41-year-old Timothy Keith Poole is also charged with obstruction of justice for the removal of human remains, as well as possession of a weapon during a violent crime.
The body was found buried beneath dirt, a tarp and concrete at the back of a home in Pickens on Thursday afternoon. Deputies think the victim was shot around Feb. 10.
The coroner’s office is working to determine the dead man’s name. An autopsy is planned.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Todd Bol, founder of Little Free Library book sharing, dies
- Saudi government acknowledges Khashoggi was killed while visiting Saudi consulate
- As NASA's prized telescopes falter, astronomers fear losing their eyes in space
It was not known if Poole has an attorney yet.