PRENTISS, Miss. (AP) — A man has been arrested after he was caught on camera dragging, choking and beating a puppy in southern Mississippi.
WDAM-TV reported Wednesday that Williams Harrison is charged with animal cruelty. A video of the abuse was captured Feb. 10 by a neighbor and shared on social media.
Court documents state that Harrison tortured the dog by choking him and hitting him in the head with a plastic leash handle. Shannon Stewart, a local animal advocate, says Harrison recently adopted the dog from the Columbia Animal Shelter.
Harrison is being held at the Jefferson Davis County Jail on a $1,000 bond.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- Rosenstein still has his job _ at least till Trump showdown
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser