BEDMINSTER, N.J. (AP) — Authorities in New Jersey say a Hawaii man stands accused of defacing the greens at four golf courses that President Donald Trump owns in New Jersey and New York.
Somerset County prosecutors say 61-year-old Clifford Tillotson, of Kaneohe, is charged with criminal mischief.
Tillotson allegedly used some sort of chemical to write various comments critical of the Trump administration on nine putting greens at the Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey, on or around Sept. 11. The damage was estimated at more than $10,000.
Tillotson also is charged in New York with defacing Trump golf courses in Ferry Point, Hudson Valley and Westchester.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- As risk of nuclear war grows, study warns even a limited exchange would doom billions
It wasn’t known Saturday if Tillotson has retained an attorney.