BETHESDA, Md. (AP) — Police in Maryland have accused a Bethesda man of using a selfie stick to record videos of the woman who lived above him.
According to police, 60-year-old Donald F. Beard attached a camera to a long metal pole and used the device to record videos through a window for more than a year.
While searching Beard’s electronic devices, detectives say they uncovered 16 videos of the woman, including one showing her naked. Beard is facing four charges, including using a camera to record a private residence.
Court documents say Beard told police he wanted to collect evidence of the woman spending time with married men so he could tell their wives.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The Earth is now trapping an 'unprecedented' amount of heat, NASA says
- GOP congressman refuses to shake hands with D.C. police officer who protected the Capitol on Jan. 6, lawmakers say
- Biden signs bill making Juneteenth a federal holiday
- Woman falls to death at indoor climbing gym
- COVID 'hygiene theater' persists, from touchless mustard to banned ice-cream cones
Beard’s attorney Stanley J. Reed told the Washington Post on Wednesday that Beard will plead not guilty.