LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — A man accused of sexually assaulting a co-worker behind a Lincoln restaurant has been given 12 to 20 years in prison.
Court records say 44-year-old Edmundo Leon Vera was sentenced Monday. He’d pleaded guilty to attempted sexual assault after prosecutors reduced the charge. He also was credited for 327 days already served.
The records say Vera attacked the co-worker in the restaurant storage shed on April 14 last year after asking her whether she wanted to see inside it.
Vera’s 37-year-old brother, Ivan Leon, was sentenced in November to two years for tampering with a witness — the woman. Police say in court records that he gave her $1,000 to ask police to drop the case against his brother.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Rare eagle seen in Maine, wowing birders, might stay a bit
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick