WARNER ROBINS, Ga. (AP) — Authorities say a Georgia man intentionally set fire to his house following a dispute with his wife.
News outlets report 30-year-old Donnell Travis Cox was arrested Monday and charged with arson. A news release from the Houston County Sheriff’s Office says deputies and the county fire department had responded to the Warner Robins home that afternoon.
Arson investigators determined the fire was deliberately set.
The release says Cox’s wife left the home after the argument, at which point he set fire to the house and ran away before emergency officials were called. He later returned and was then arrested.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Extra pilot saved doomed Lion Air jetliner on next-to-last flight
- Confusion, then prayer, in cockpit of doomed Lion Air jet
- Italy: Bus driver abducts 51 children, sets vehicle on fire
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- Wealthy parents in admissions scandal under intense pressure to make deals. Here's why
He’s being held at the Houston County Detention Center without bond. Online jail records did not list an attorney.