CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — An assistant manager is accused of raping two women after he caught them shoplifting at a Dollar General store in Tennessee.
The Clarksville Police Department said in a news release Wednesday that 38-year-old Robert Lindlau caught two women shoplifting in March and had each of them perform sexual favors on him inside a locked room, claiming police would be arriving soon.
The women, ages 44 and 32, told police they feared for their safety and did as they were told.
Authorities say Lindlau never called police about the thefts and allowed the women to leave with some of the items they had tried to steal.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
- People are having COVID parties to spread the virus. That's 'Russian roulette,' doctors warn
- Justice Department is reviewing role of fake Trump electors, top official says
Lindlau was arrested Tuesday and indicted on two rape counts. It is unclear whether he has an attorney.