RAPID CITY, S.D. (AP) — A man accused of raping a 15-year-old girl on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation after she had been run over by a vehicle has pleaded guilty to sexual abuse of a minor.
The Rapid City Journal reports 29-year-old Bishop Cottier reached a plea deal with prosecutors, and court documents show he entered his plea Friday. He faces up to 15 years in prison.
Authorities say the girl had been drinking at a party in April 2014 when she was dragged and run over by a vehicle driven by friends. They say Cottier later assaulted her at his home while her hands were restrained.
He and another man then took the girl to a hospital, where she reported the assault while being treated for her injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- COVID-19 tests: Different types and when to use them
Information from: Rapid City Journal, http://www.rapidcityjournal.com