NEW BEDFORD, Mass. (AP) — A 57-year-old man has been charged with raping two residents at a Massachusetts nursing home.
Court records show Jacob King, of Fall River, was charged with three counts of rape related to offenses that occurred in September and November.
Police say the rapes happened while King worked as a nurse at Savoy Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in New Bedford. WPRI-TV reports King told police he was engaging in affairs and he “never forced” himself on the women.
Court records show a complaint was filed with the state Board of Nursing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- GOP, Kavanaugh accuser in standoff over her Senate testimony WATCH
- In 1992, Cory Booker admitted to groping a high school classmate and issued a call for sexual respect
- Memory's frailty may be playing role in Kavanaugh matter
King’s attorney declined to comment. The owner of the nursing facility, Didie Watsop, tells WPRI-TV the safety of the residents is their “number one priority.”
King has been released on home confinement.