NEW BEDFORD, Mass. (AP) — A 57-year-old man has been charged with raping two residents at a Massachusetts nursing home.
Court records show Jacob King, of Fall River, was charged with three counts of rape related to offenses that occurred in September and November.
Police say the rapes happened while King worked as a nurse at Savoy Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in New Bedford. WPRI-TV reports King told police he was engaging in affairs and he “never forced” himself on the women.
Court records show a complaint was filed with the state Board of Nursing.
Most Read Stories
- WSU QB Tyler Hilinski, 21, dies from an apparent suicide
- Take it from me, WSU athlete's death is a reminder that help is available | Matt Calkins
- Amazon names 20 finalists in search for HQ2
- Sound familiar, Seattle? Apple shops for site to build a new campus, will also add 20,000 jobs
- Police investigate reported gang rape of teen in Ballard park
King’s attorney declined to comment. The owner of the nursing facility, Didie Watsop, tells WPRI-TV the safety of the residents is their “number one priority.”
King has been released on home confinement.