NEW BEDFORD, Mass. (AP) — A 57-year-old man has been charged with raping two residents at a Massachusetts nursing home.
Court records show Jacob King, of Fall River, was charged with three counts of rape related to offenses that occurred in September and November.
Police say the rapes happened while King worked as a nurse at Savoy Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in New Bedford. WPRI-TV reports King told police he was engaging in affairs and he “never forced” himself on the women.
Court records show a complaint was filed with the state Board of Nursing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fear mounts in Austin as serial bomber uses tripwire VIEW
- Self-driving vehicle strikes and kills pedestrian in Arizona VIEW
- He attends an elite university but lives in a trailer with no heat or sewer hookups VIEW
- Beluga calf rescued off Alaska moved to SeaWorld San Antonio
- Bones discovered on Pacific island belong to Amelia Earhart, new forensic analysis shows VIEW
King’s attorney declined to comment. The owner of the nursing facility, Didie Watsop, tells WPRI-TV the safety of the residents is their “number one priority.”
King has been released on home confinement.