NEW BEDFORD, Mass. (AP) — A 57-year-old man has been charged with raping two residents at a Massachusetts nursing home.
Court records show Jacob King, of Fall River, was charged with three counts of rape related to offenses that occurred in September and November.
Police say the rapes happened while King worked as a nurse at Savoy Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in New Bedford. WPRI-TV reports King told police he was engaging in affairs and he “never forced” himself on the women.
Court records show a complaint was filed with the state Board of Nursing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'Unfair and unconstitutional': Outrage over detained migrant children intensifies
- 'Are you dead, sir?': Video shows ER doctor mocking patient who said he couldn't breathe WATCH
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- Staff cuts at federal prisons have teachers, nurses guarding inmates
- Trump defiant as crisis grows over family separation at the border
King’s attorney declined to comment. The owner of the nursing facility, Didie Watsop, tells WPRI-TV the safety of the residents is their “number one priority.”
King has been released on home confinement.