MOUNT HOLLY, N.J. (AP) — A man accused of helping to lure a 17-year-old girl to a motel for a babysitting job and making her work as a prostitute for 10 days has pleaded guilty to human trafficking charges.
Christopher White also pleaded guilty Friday to promoting prostitution of a minor. The 20-year-old Eastampton man faces a 13-year prison term when he’s sentenced April 6 and also must register as a sex offender.
Authorities say White and his then-girlfriend, Adria Regn, lured the teen to a motel room in October 2016, asking her to babysit Regn’s two young children. Instead, they allegedly gave her methamphetamine, forced her to have sex with several men and threatened to beat her if she left.
The girl eventually escaped after the two fell asleep.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- Justice Department releases secret surveillance documents of ex-Trump aide
Regn pleaded guilty in September.