BURLINGTON, Iowa (AP) — Doctors say a Burlington man accused of using an electric guitar to kill his mother remains incompetent for trial.
Thirty-year-old Garret Selters is charged with first-degree murder in the October slaying of 56-year-old Linda Selters.
In November doctors concluded he was incompetent for trial. At a follow-up hearing Tuesday, a judge read through reports that said Selters still was unable to assist in his defense but remained “a candidate for restoration.”
The Hawk Eye reports that the judge set another review hearing for Feb. 19.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Julian Assange has been charged, prosecutors reveal inadvertently in court filing
Police say Garret Selters struck his mother in the back of her head Oct. 17. She’d called for help that day, saying her son was having an “episode.”
Officers found Garret Selters outside, pacing and stating that he’d killed his mother.
Information from: The Hawk Eye, http://www.thehawkeye.com