BOZEMAN, Mont. (AP) — A man accused of killing his estranged wife and injuring her roommate in a shooting has pleaded not guilty to deliberate homicide and attempted deliberate homicide.
The Bozeman Daily Chronicle reports that 47-year-old Joseph Paul DeWise was in court on Tuesday. He is accused of killing 35-year-old Lauren Walder DeWise and injuring 32-year-old Ashley Van Hemert.
Belgrade police responded to a home on Jan. 7 and found Lauren dead and Van Hemert injured — both shot multiple times including in their heads. Paul was immediately named as a suspect. He was arrested Jan. 11 on a $1 million warrant and has denied involvement in the shooting.
His defense team said they would file a motion seeking a reduced bail at a later date.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
Information from: Bozeman Daily Chronicle, http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com