BOZEMAN, Mont. (AP) — A man accused of killing his estranged wife and injuring her roommate in a shooting has pleaded not guilty to deliberate homicide and attempted deliberate homicide.
The Bozeman Daily Chronicle reports that 47-year-old Joseph Paul DeWise was in court on Tuesday. He is accused of killing 35-year-old Lauren Walder DeWise and injuring 32-year-old Ashley Van Hemert.
Belgrade police responded to a home on Jan. 7 and found Lauren dead and Van Hemert injured — both shot multiple times including in their heads. Paul was immediately named as a suspect. He was arrested Jan. 11 on a $1 million warrant and has denied involvement in the shooting.
His defense team said they would file a motion seeking a reduced bail at a later date.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- France strikes back against Trump, emphasizing a lack of 'common decency'
- Guard troops search for more wildfire victims; 56 dead WATCH
- Shot in the neck at 17, this is the trauma surgeon now leading doctors against gun violence and NRA
- Migrant caravan groups arrive by hundreds at US border VIEW
Information from: Bozeman Daily Chronicle, http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com