ATLANTA — Authorities in Atlanta have arrested a man they say inappropriately touched a 13-year-old girl who was on a field trip to a church where the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. preached.
A federal indictment filed Tuesday says Herbert Boone Jr. touched the girl’s inner thigh and buttocks at Ebenezer Baptist Church on April 6.
The church is part of the Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site, which the National Park Service operates.
A lawyer for Boone didn’t immediately respond to an email seeking comment Thursday.
Most Read Stories
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- Residents fight Seattle rules allowing apartment developers to forgo parking
- Seattle’s crazy restaurant boom | PNW Magazine VIEW
- Cleveland Browns waive Kasen Williams, could a return to Seahawks be in the offing?
- UW's Azeem Victor suspended indefinitely after arrest
A park service officer’s statement says the girl stood up to move over when Boone sat close to her. She said he put his hand on her thigh and tried to touch her genitals and also touched her backside when she tried to move past him.