LAFAYETTE, La. (AP) — Authorities say an Oklahoma man has been arrested after he sexually assaulted a woman and then forced her to withdraw money from an ATM in Louisiana.
The Advertiser reports the 22-year-old was charged with home invasion, sexual battery, aggravated kidnapping and criminal trespass following the Sunday morning indecent.
Lafayette police said in a statement that Devon Anthony Bell entered a residence, sexually assaulted the homeowner then forced her to drive him to an ATM to withdraw money. The victim alerted police after he fled from her vehicle.
Police located Bell in the backyard of another residence and surveillance footage later confirmed him as the suspect. Bell had moved into the area days before the incident.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers. But he keeps hearing 'No'
- The coming California megastorm
- 6 drastic plans Trump is already promising for a second term
It is unclear if Bell has a lawyer.
Information from: The Advertiser, http://www.theadvertiser.com