PANAMA CITY, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man is accused of breaking into a mobile home and killing his former roommate.
The News Herald reports 26-year-old Billy Herman Shaffer broke into the home while 48-year-old Matthew Kelley was at a convenience store early Saturday morning. Kelly was shot with his own shotgun when he returned home.
An arrest report says Shaffer called police after the shooting.
A neighbor told the newspaper that police had been called to the home about five weeks ago when Kelley was trying to get Shaffer out of his home.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'Tase me, and you'll see what happens,' an American Airlines flier said. Police did — 10 times.
- The gaping hole in Sean Hannity's story about being Michael Cohen's client | Analysis
- Deputy: Man threw exercise weight, fatally striking girl, 2
- He froze to death inside a multimillion-dollar town house — and now the state is investigating
- Waffle House slaying suspect arrested after massive manhunt VIEW
Shaffer had an extensive criminal history of burglaries and thefts. He’s now accused of murder and armed burglary.
Records don’t list an attorney for Shaffer.