ELYRIA, Ohio (AP) — A pedestrian accused of biting off part of an Ohio trooper’s ear has been indicted on charges including felonious assault and kidnapping.
Court documents show that the Lorain County grand jury in Elyria (eh-LEER’-ee-uh) also indicted Cornelius Carey recently on charges of obstructing official business and resisting arrest.
The State Highway Patrol said a trooper responding to a report of a man walking in the roadway approached Carey on Jan. 11 along a road near LaGrange, roughly 30 miles (48 kilometers) southwest of Cleveland. The patrol says the 44-year-old Elyria man became confrontational, hit the male trooper and then bit him during the struggle before the officer was able to subdue and handcuff Carey.
The trooper was treated at a hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- You downloaded FaceApp. Here's what you've just done to your privacy.
- Morning coffee results in $1,000 fine, expulsion from Venice
- An American woman and her boyfriend were exploring Canada. They were found dead on a highway.
- Nobel laureate from Iraq told Trump that ISIS killed her family. 'Where are they now?' he asked.
- A Chicago man died after the family took him off life support. Then he walked through the door.
A message seeking comment was left for Carey’s attorney.