WOODSON TERRACE, Mo. (AP) — A suburban St. Louis man is charged with domestic assault and armed criminal action for allegedly attacking his ex-girlfriend with a rock and leaving her for dead alongside an abandoned building.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that 18-year-old Michael Moore of St. Ann is jailed on $250,000 cash-only bond. He has no listed attorney.
Someone passing by found the victim after the April attack. The woman remains in a rehabilitation hospital. She suffered a skull fracture, broken jaw and other injuries.
Charging documents say that Moore, accompanied by his girlfriend, lured his ex-girlfriend to the parking lot of an abandoned building in Woodson Terrace. She was beaten unconscious with a rock. Her body was left near a trash bin near the building.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- What are ultra-processed foods? What should I eat instead?
- Trump reportedly admitted taking Kim Jong Un letters from White House
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
- Fact check: The false claim that Senate GOP seeks ‘to end Social Security and Medicare’
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The victim was found the next day.
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com