ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — Bernalillo County authorities say a neighbor was arrested at a house fire after he ignored commands to stand clear and then allegedly attacked firefighters.
Officials say 31-year-old Ruben Cuellar was arrested on suspicion of aggravated battery upon a health care worker after he allegedly dislocated one firefighter’s shoulder, punched another in the nose and pushed a third.
The incident occurred Thursday night on the Pajarito Mesa west of Albuquerque.
Bernalillo County Fire Department spokesman Larry Gallegos says two firefighters were released from a hospital after treatment for minor injuries and that two people pulled from the burning home were treated for light smoke inhalation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Trump backs down under fire, 'clarifies' on Russia meddling WATCH
- Trump says he accepts US intelligence on Russian interference in election but denies collusion
Online court records don’t list an attorney for Cuellar who could comment on the allegations.
Cause of the fire wasn’t immediately known.