ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — Bernalillo County authorities say a neighbor was arrested at a house fire after he ignored commands to stand clear and then allegedly attacked firefighters.
Officials say 31-year-old Ruben Cuellar was arrested on suspicion of aggravated battery upon a health care worker after he allegedly dislocated one firefighter’s shoulder, punched another in the nose and pushed a third.
The incident occurred Thursday night on the Pajarito Mesa west of Albuquerque.
Bernalillo County Fire Department spokesman Larry Gallegos says two firefighters were released from a hospital after treatment for minor injuries and that two people pulled from the burning home were treated for light smoke inhalation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
Online court records don’t list an attorney for Cuellar who could comment on the allegations.
Cause of the fire wasn’t immediately known.