ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — Bernalillo County authorities say a neighbor was arrested at a house fire after he ignored commands to stand clear and then allegedly attacked firefighters.
Officials say 31-year-old Ruben Cuellar was arrested on suspicion of aggravated battery upon a health care worker after he allegedly dislocated one firefighter’s shoulder, punched another in the nose and pushed a third.
The incident occurred Thursday night on the Pajarito Mesa west of Albuquerque.
Bernalillo County Fire Department spokesman Larry Gallegos says two firefighters were released from a hospital after treatment for minor injuries and that two people pulled from the burning home were treated for light smoke inhalation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- Rosenstein still has his job _ at least till Trump showdown
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
Online court records don’t list an attorney for Cuellar who could comment on the allegations.
Cause of the fire wasn’t immediately known.