KISSIMMEE, Fla. (AP) — The Florida Highway Patrol says a 97-year-old man died when a car hit him as he tried to cross a road in Florida.
Sgt. Kim Montes said in a news release that the man was driving in Kissimmee, which is near Orlando, on Christmas night when he got two flat tires.
She said he got out of the car around 7:30 p.m. Monday and tried to cross the street. She said the 52-year-old driver of couldn’t avoid hitting the man.
The man was declared dead at a hospital. His name wasn’t released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Texas thrusts itself into the center of battles over personal freedom, starting with abortion and sodomy
- One woman dominated a local fair's food contest. The internet went looking for her
- Men rush to get vasectomies after Roe ruling
- Cruz takes a shot at Elmo the muppet over getting a COVID vaccine
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The crash is under investigation.